Thursday, December 6, 2012

That PEACE :)

This post is the result of my reflection to a friends question. I'm sharing it with the world in hopes that it will bless someone out there.

About five years ago I knew in my spirit that I had to part with a close friend. The closeness we shared, most I believe will never experience. I believe the scripture in 2 Corinthians 6:14 that says,
       "Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers..." also, "What fellowship has light with darkness?" was speaking to me. Speaking to me of my friendship. Some will not agree with me, and will say that that scripture is referring to marriage. However I believe differently.
In the time of my friendship with this person, the Lord Jesus was calling me softly. He whispered,
       "Come away and be ye separate."
This friend was in rebellion to the Lord. And I would have followed them in their mischief. If the Lord had not called me.

So this was my hearts response to my friends question...

If I had stayed friends with this person, there's no telling where'd i'd be. Yes, having "fun" but, I wouldn't have that joy or peace.(That great joy of the Lord and that peace that passes all understanding.) And there's just something about that peace. You wouldn't trade it for the world. (or even a friend).

2 comments:

  1. What I love most about this post is the words, "...but I believe." I love that you've chosen to believe in that verse your way. I know some people will fuss at us for that because they think it has to be one way only, but I believe we should always consider how the Lord speaks to each of us individually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is logos Word, Rhema Word, the Living Word. It can't be constrained to a box. I'll try to respect others beliefs,I might tell them what I believe. But when I do, it will be in a respectful way, not a condescending way. Thanks Kelline :)

      Delete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)