Saturday, April 7, 2012

Peter's willingness to be a cannibal.

Jesus had a hard saying for His followers.
John 6:53-58 "So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has  eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.' "

v60 When many of His disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?"

These disciples,(not the twelve) thought Jesus was talking about cannibalism. They wanted nothing to do with this. They turned back from following Him. And Jesus asked the twelve if they wanted to leave as well.
This was Peter's heart cry to Jesus...

v68 "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. and we have believed, and have come to know, that You are the Holy One of God."

I want to be as the disciples. Believing and trusting in Him so much. That I will follow. Even when I'm not sure what He is going to do. 



If Peter can be willing to be a cannibal. I should be willing to live a little out of my flesh's comfort zone.
If Jesus was willing to be beaten, mocked, and crucified, I should be able to take up my cross daily, by dying to my flesh daily.

He is the one true God. There is no one beside Him. And He just so happens to be AMAZING! He doesn't have a cruel bone in His being. He cries for us. The pain and affliction in this world hurts Him more than it hurts all of us combined.
We have a God whose thoughts of us are only good and loving. There is not one iota of darkness in Him nor shadow of turning.

I HAVE MET PERFECTION. PERFECTION MAKES ME CRY WITH HIS LOVING FORGIVENESS.

1 comment:

  1. "...perfection makes me cry with His loving forgiveness." Amen!! He told me once and only once that He loves me. He spoke it into my spirit and it was the deepest most profound moment of my entire life. I knew what I had just experienced. Not heard, experienced. I wasn't doing anything but walking through my living room when suddenly, quite suddenly, I heard the still small voice say, "I love you Kelline." It didn't come to only my ability to hear with my spirit, but it completely flowed through me and actually filled every cell, every atom but only for a second. No human being has ever said those words to me and MADE ME TO KNOW it. But God made me to know it. I've begged Him so many times to say it again because when God says it, you become what He says for that second. Why did He say it to me? I don't know. I don't remember having questions about His love at the time, or if He exists. He just chose me that moment. I won't question it, but accept that He told me He loved me and it was by far, the most AMAZING moment of my life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)