Sunday, September 16, 2012

For He is gentle and humble in heart.

1“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.
2He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
3A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;"

I can see us as fragile butterflies in Gods powerful hands, but He takes such care over us. He will not let us be crushed.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, He will not let us be crushed. There are times of such great woe in my life. Times wherein I cry out with everything in me. Total fear, confusion, suffering will take over my heart and I am tossed on the sea of life...so tiny and fearful in a world full of dangers. But I declare in truth that when I cry out to Him, He is always faithful to reach down and rescue me. All anyone ever has to do is cry out. He just can't bear to hear our cries without running to us immediately! I have seen myself as a child/toddler falling down time and again and when I fall it hurts. When it hurts, I cry, and when I cry, He's there to scoop me up and bandage the wound. It's just that simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is there. And He is so gentle and loving. It's like when you see these six foot bulky dads holding a new born. He is so big and powerful but God is always so tender.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful pictures to go with beautiful scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you :) i thought a visual of how delicate a butterfly is would nicely resemble how delicate our souls are.
    I read a comment someone had on this verse, and they said to imagine a bent flower stem. And how normally you would prune or snip the stem to benefit the rest of the plant. But not God He spares us the snipping when we are bent and mends us back together. As he doesn't break a bruised reed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)