Sunday, February 17, 2013

I want you to come of your own free will.

 I can hear His voice.
Soft, and gentle.
He is in love.

"Won't you come, with soft flight, and nestle against my heart, if you would."(CB)
Our Maker desires that we would want to give ourselves to Him.
To want to live for His pleasure and not our own.
He wants in return to satisfy our every need, and bathe us in His love and peace.

Satan also want our spirits.  He tries to trap us, and cage us in.
He wants slaves, not a lover, not a friend. 
 He cares not for our happiness.
                         
                         The quote up above is from my favorite movie  and book, "Jane Eyre", written by Charlotte Brunte. It's a line from the male lead character. He loves and wants the love of Jane Eyre.
But she is resolute in her morals, and stands fast resisting him.
While she is standing fast, this is another line from the male lead.
      "Never was anything at once so frail and so indomitable. A mere reed she feels in my hand! I could bend her with my finger and thumb, and what good would it do if I bent, if I uptore, if I crushed her? Consider that eye; consider the resolute, wild, free thing looking out of it, defying me, with more than courage, with a stern triumph. whatever I do with its cage, I cannot get at it, the savage, beautiful creature! If I tear, if I rend the slight prison, my outrage will only let the captive loose. Conqueror I might be of the house, but the inmate would escape to heaven before I could call myself possessor of its clay dwelling place. And it is you, spirit, with will and energy, and virture and purity, that I want; not alone your brittle frame. Of yourself, you could come, with soft flight, and nestle against my heart, if you would..."

The beauty of our free will.
It doesn't matter what man, satan, does to our body, it can't get to our spirit.
If we have given our spirit to God, whatever man may do to us, our spirits in the end will only be freed to reside with God in our true home.
This body is just a tent. It's not the real me.
The real me is a free bird of a spirit.
Happily resting in the hands of Jesus.
The Jesus who will never try to put me in a box. Or try to take away my freedom.
 














2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post sis!!! I'm not much of a reader but the quote is awesome. I could feel that the Holy Spirit was about you when you wrote this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis! He was and is about be on this topic. Lately I've really been more realizing how things that happen here are just temporary. And this just goes along with it. It's what goes on in the spirit realm that's really important. Sharing the love of Jesus with people and the truth of Jesus with people.

      Delete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)