Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Devotion

 I've made up this little daily devotional with four questions to ask in accordance to whichever piece of scripture that you read.
 I do believe if you look, that you can find something revealing about Christ in all scripture. So I invite you to maybe search for this question in any scripture you read.

Philipians 1 & 2

How did a certain scripture reveal Jesus Christ? Philipians is Paul writing the Philipians while he was in prison and encouraging them to continue in their walk with Christ, and to do it well.
 So These two chapters of Philipians shows me... 
that with Jesus there is always a positive. We can't lose.
Paul was in prison and he still had the joy of knowing that even though it looked as though he lost, he knew that he really was winning in the spiritual realm.
Uplifting verse of the day: Phil 1:21
  "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

Challenging verse: Phil 1:27
 "Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ."

This really exhorts me, to be a better example of Christ. To have respect for His reputation. And not to drag His name in the mud, by being a bad example of a christian of a follower of Jesus. We are the only Jesus the unsaved will see. We are His body.
 

Verse to fall more in love with Christ: Phil 2:6 "Taking the form of a servant who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, being born in the likeness of man. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even on a cross."
        His humbleness is beautiful. 

I've added this question because I want to fall in love with who He is and not what He can do or how He makes me feel.

2 comments:

  1. "But for me to live is Christ and to die is gain." That is mine for today!! For if I live, I breathe Him and can not live a moment that Christ doesn't enter my mind. I am either thinking about Him, talking about Him, talking to Him, trying to understand Him, wondering about His ways, seeking Him, crying out to Him....always with Him. Then, when life is over, I know that I'm going to be with Him in a place of rest and peace, light and love, joy and freedom...and how can that NOT be gain? Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me again to be a better example of him. You are invited to follow my blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)