Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Doubt

James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind."


doubt:to waver in opinion; to distrust; to question

I think it's saying that if you're going to believe in something, that you should go all in. Like an all or nothing. Because if what you believe in, you're not fully believing in, your life will be unstable.

Do I live without doubt? Am I unstable in all my ways?

Having a God that I can't fully grasp is hard, because I don't always understand what He's doing. And having a God that operates in an unseen world is hard because I can't see when He is going to bring breakthrough into a situation.

I guess sometimes I don't share my faith with people, is because of this because i'm not always confident that he's really at work in my little life. 

Or times I question Him. Why did you let this happen? Why haven't you done what I want already? 

But I know that isn't true and that he is involved even in the minutest details.

So do these times of lack of confidence make me one who doubts?

Well if so, i'm sorry Lord. I don't want to be a doubter, one who wavers, one who is compared to a tossing wave.

This verse is having me evaluate my walk and my life. I want to always be making sure that my life measures up to how the Lord wants me to be living.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    Another great post with power! What I love is that you're in tune with the reality of His word. This particular verse used to be one I spoke in faith daily for a year and it was because I was believing in God for something and I wanted to remind myself that "He who wavers is as a wave of the sea who is tossed to and fro, let him think he will get nothing he asks," (paraphrased). I didn't want to allow that doubt to creep in as it does. I held fast and camped on His promises. I just wish I was more consistent with that. I often lose my ability to stand fast. It's much easier said than done. I wonder how much of that stems from where we live, environment, society, culture, upbringing. I often wonder if I'd be more firm in my faith if all around me wasn't the sinful temptation of living in a wealthy land. Love you, Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America is not so conducive to a healthy Christian walk. And we have a tendency to wander from Him and His Will. My mother has always told me, that our spiritual heart is like a garden, and the longer you leave it unattended the more weeds you get. So you need the weed puller "The Bible" on a regular basis. The world will pull us away everytime if we don't stay in the Word of God. It's a consent battle.

      Delete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)