Tuesday, August 7, 2012

His GREAT Love!

(First a WARNING a rambling woman proceeding ahead!) :)


2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."


 I also love Him because He first loved me.
He wanted me first, He pursues me, He died for me.

Not wishing that any should perish.
I believe it breaks His heart all the people that won't repent and instead choose to perish.

I've been mulling over the concept of falling in Love with Jesus Christ for just who He is and not what I get in return. I am a selfish person. Always thinking of what I get. Like I love Jesus because He makes me happy, or I feel good when I am in His presence.
    Is it possible for me to JUST love Him? Without anything in return.
SELFLESS LOVE 


Outside of Him there is nothing good.
We were made to love Him. 

SO MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME, YES YOU READING THIS POST.
"How you may ask?"
Well the thing is I've never been in love with a man. And if you are a man, you'll have to reverse that of course.
And because I've never been in love is there a point to this I'm missing?

You first fall in love with someone because something about your spirit and their spirit fits.
You fall in love with Him for who he is and you want to be around him.
What is it to love a man?
And why do we love what we love?

My case is, how do I love a man just for who he is? Or does this come naturally. I'm using a physical example because I think it'll make loving Jesus for who He is a little more graspable.

So please leave your ideas or advice.
I'm a muller. I need to mull over something and look at it from different angles to grasp it. So even if you think you yourself might not understand fully please still leave your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis,

    I'm so glad you've asked this question, more to the point, I'm glad you're asking yourself. My thoughts on this subject are quite simple. I met a man and knew I loved him. We clicked, we played, we were happy, we understood one another, there was no pressure to be anything other than ourselves around each other, we didn't bear down on each other or weigh each other down, we tried for one another, we loved one another.

    When you meet "him" sis, you'll know. For me, I saw Ron and my heart fluttered. Then I couldn't stop thinking about him even though I was dating another at the time. When I saw him again after the first time, I thought, 'I have to be with him.' And then, we joined ourselves together and began a life. It was a good life. It never stopped hurting when he died.

    True love means to accept everything about the person and it's no problem to do so. There's nothing about the person that you find yourself thinking "I can't live with this.' You will sacrifice to make him happy and he will make you love the woman you are when you're with him. Love is not something you have to question. You WILL know when you're in love. You won't have to wonder if it's so or anything else. You'll know it when it happens. Don't settle for any old guy that comes along for thinking he "MIGHT be the one" but wait for the one that makes you to KNOW it. Only then will you get the full benefit of what love is. Anything else is cheating yourself out of what God has for you and stealing time. I promise your wait will be worth it. That's the beauty of love, it tends to be very obvious! And it never dies no matter what happens..you never stop loving the one you love. Hang in there sis, there's one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hanging in there. Even as the months pass me by. I see examples every day of people that didn't want to wait and the price they pay for it.
      I have been known to tell people, that i'd rather be single forever than marry the wrong person.

      I'm also wondering what revelations of God are revealed to you through falling in love here on earth.

      Delete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)