Thursday, April 12, 2012

We are at this moment as close to God as we really choose to be.

How's that for a title? ay? "We are at this moment as close to God as we really choose to be." This comes from a book I am presently reading titled, "Enjoying Intimacy with God" by J. Oswald Sanders.
Here is another quote from the book. I love this quote so much that I have memorized it.
"Only those who count such intimacy a PRIZE worth sacrificing anything else for are likely to attain it. If other intimacies are more desirable to us, we will not gain entry to that circle." (the circle he is talking about is an inner circle of intimacy with God)
This is exactly what I needed to hear.
What other things are taking the place of your pursuit of Christ. Have you learned to be content sitting outside His innermost circle?
I'm continually having to remind myself about the temporary things I let occupy my time. Everything that is seen is temporary, that which is unseen it ETERNAL.

The second chapter has to do with true worship of Him.

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."
"To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."Rev 5:12-14

pg21 "...but our worship reaches a much higher level when we worship Him simply and solely for what He is, for the excellences and perfections of His being." (not for what He has done, although we are to worship Him for that as well.)

"To whom will you compare me? Or whom is my equal?' says the Holy One" Is40:25

2 comments:

  1. I felt something LEAP inside my spirit when I read that scripture out of Revelation you posted. I love when that happens. I saw Him!! Seated on His throne, high and lifted up and the whole of mankind at His feet praising Him. But you know what? Somehow, I don't think that's really how He is. I think He's the God that comes down from that throne and joins us...walks among us...asking how we are and how it's going? That's who He really is. An interacting loving God that wants to be among us and not above and over us. We won't know until we get home but I'd put money on it if money had any value in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post Monica. When you said, "This is exactly what I needed to hear," I thought, "Me too." So thanks, definitely a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)