Friday, November 11, 2011

O' Praise Him

So yesterday morning I was at work and I just knew that I needed to press into God further.
      My desire is to pursue him as a man pursuing a woman. God doesn't force himself on us, we have to seek him. He loves it when we seek him, and show Him that we really want Him enough to keep seeking and not just being satisfied when we only know the exterior if Him. 

So I am at work wondering what I can do to see more of Him. I am praying Lord show your manifest presence to me. It isn't a I want to see Him anymore, it is a I need to see Him. Although I do want to see Him as well. :)

And then it hits me.

Psalms 22:3 He inhabits the praises of Israel. In which through adoption I am in that family now. 

So I start praising Him and thanking Him for the wonderful things He has done in my life. 

And you know what?!

He leaned in, and got real close to my voice. Almost like His ear right next to my lips as if I were whispering these praises, and He just couldn't get close enough.                                                            

This is a video of Misty Edwards please take a couple minutes, I think you'll be blessed.  

He is a mystery. We need to search Him out. He is so big! A couple may be married for a lifetime and not fully understand something their spouse does, and this is not a human we are talking about this is GOD!                                                     


these are the lyrics...
You're a mystery like poetry, like a parable, a rhyme or a riddle
You're a mystery wrapped in clouds, shouting so loud
just waiting to be discovered
You're a mystery so intriguing, You're a mystery so inviting

You saved Yourself for the weak, the humble and the meek
Only the hungry dine, only the thirsty drink deep
You saved Yourself for the needy, You saved Yourself for me, yeah!

You're a mystery like poetry, like a parable, a rhyme or a riddle
You're a mystery wrapped in clouds, shouting so loud
just waiting to be discovered

I want to waste my life to search You out, search You out
I want to waste my life to search You out, search You out

I don't want to build castles in the sand
I don't want to live in a fairy tail
I want what's real, the knowledge of You
I will remain forever, remain forever

And I want to waste my life to search You out search You out
I want to waste my life to search You out search You out

It's the glory of God to hide a matter, yeah
And it's the glory of a king to search it out
I wanna search You out
I love the way You hide so I can find You, yeah
I wanna search You out...

3 comments:

  1. Hi sis! Amen to this post! Let's praise Him for all that He's worthy to be praised for! Last night as I was holding close my grandson, I began worshipping to "Divine Romance" with my free hand and the worship was so sweet. I always think of that verse, "He inhabits the praises of His people" when I worship and indeed He does. I wept and rejoiced and my grateful heart sored for His mighty Presence in this room with me! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monica! I absolutely LOVE Misty! :)

    Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) that puts a smile on my face Kelline.
    Katelyn I know she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)