Thursday, November 3, 2011

temptation

                  The world is CONSTANTLY calling              My flesh seeks only that the pleases temporarily.
      satans minions dangle temptation in front of me.
 :( The sad thing is, is that I get hooked on temptation         SO small.
              And it definitely doesn't settle as well as it went down.          What would I do with GRAND TEMPTATION???                  He knows what we can handle.                             These small Monica fitted temptations. Their purpose for now, are to send me back to an apathetic state.
GODS LOVE FOR US should help us amidst temptation.                                                         ____________________________________________________
As I have posted before of temptation and protecting what you have with the Lord, it is a training a discipline. This is a discipline that does not come with a negative connotation for me. This word discipline is like ROTTING TRASH to most. But when it is attached to protecting my marriage with the Lord I take it up gladly :) like FRESH BAKED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, or cookie dough lol:). But this is serious, if you are NOT here trust me your spirit wants to be at a place where discipline is eaten like dessert.  

!Recognize! satan and temptation as a wife recognizes when a beautiful women flirts with her husband. 
 ___________________________________________
ALSO THE REALIZATION that anything satan can tempt you with is temporary, lost upon death. or even lost shortly after received. Or even you took God of the top priority list for only a taste or a smell that but lasted for a moment. WAKE UP! We not only live for ourselves but for others.

I will even tell on myself, the other night I was sick in bed having a pity party, decided to watch a harmless movie. My friend a muslim calls me in a nervous breakdown thanks be only to God that I was given a great platform to witness to her. When that phone was hung up I realized, I was awoken from mild apathy. I said to myself, "Monica how stupid are you, this movie is a waste of precious time when I need instead to be always preparing myself to be always ready for share the good news of the gospel."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the comment! May I ask how you found my blog? I love getting feedback and hearing from new readers. Oh, temptation… in this day and age it's all around. The Lord is faithful and sufficient :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, I just totally saw it and agreed with it when I read this... "Their purpose for now, are to send me back to an apathetic state." I have been feeling so... well actually not feeling and wow this is what it actually does do to you. Anyways today I felt my desire and love for God today when at work I saw a customer and compassion was stirred in me and I said a quick three word prayer for her. And then after I did that I smiled and felt him and I felt me and I was like I do love you and treasure you God. And it was sweet after a long period of well ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis! First thing is..I hope your affliction is past(spoken of herein). I've noticed that the more in Christ I am, the more the enemy afflicts my flesh. My flesh only because the Spirit can't be touched by him, yay! Also, thanks for the link, (A.W. Tozer), I found his message to be fresh although, it was from so long ago. I also wanted to relate to you in that I said the same exact thing in regards to Louie Giglio's remark about God as a "star-breathing God." I was amazed at our mutual love for that phrase. And also, I am exactly like you about the programming I watch. I absolutely, positively, always, and ever, watch only programming that feeds my spirit or my mind. I will NOT take garbage into my spirit because once you do, it can't be erased. It will rise up to the top of your thoughts and memories when you don't want it to. I also only listen to Christian radio for the same reason. I'm sure you know about KLove online. Check it out if not at www.klove.com. I absolutely LOVE Francesca Batistelli's "Beautiful Beautiful" as well as Natalie Grant's "Your Great Name." My goodness, I could worship all day to that song. Anyway, praying for you! I always pray for my sisters. Thank you for your frequent visits to my blog. You seem to be the only one who has ever commented. Hm. Is this world really that dark? Sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, thank you for sharing your thoughts on temptation. I can relate to the temptation to apathy and even watching movies rather than time in prayer for the lost. [WHICH, its hard to pray for the lost when your apathetic.] We must continue to press in to the LORD, to be renewed by the Word, and to be satisfied in Him... to LOVE Him and count all else as loss.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)