Sunday, July 29, 2012

James 1

James 1:21b "Receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls."
James 1:27b "...and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

Q: How does this scripture reveal Jesus?

A: Just as i was telling the children in children's church today,       no one is perfect. We all have sinned and
    gotten icky sin staining our spirit. And there is only one way    to get rid of them.

    The answer is in a song we sing,

"Oh the blood of Jesus,
  it washes white as snow."

So the verse of James 1:27, reveals my necessity of keeping unstained, undefiled from this world. And that leads me straight to Jesus. The only way we can be unstained, from this filthy world.
Q: Challenging verse of the day?
A: Look to the previous answer. Keeping yourself unstained is our challenge.
Q: Uplifting verse of the day.
A: James 1:21b Receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

Q: How do these scriptures make you fall more in love with Jesus for who He is?

A: I would say that 1:21b shows how romantic God is. that He has created the greatest romance that could ever be. But that answer is more than falling in love with who He is because it makes me feel good to be in that romance. So then I have taken it from who He is(a romancer), to what He can do for me(romance me).

So I will use 1:27b-Keep oneself unstained. Because the only reason His blood can wash me is because it first was holy and pure.

Being in love with someone who is holy and pure. If He wasn't holy and pure He wouldn't be who He is. And for that I love Him. He has no unholy or impure thought towards me.
And women how often can you find that? In a world full of sick and twisted people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I hope this post in some way has blessed you. Please leave a note telling me what you think of this post. :)